Guys, I’m not sure I ever had straight-up, cheap-o ramen out of a package before. I was much more an Easy Mac kind of gal in my college days and early 20s. BUT-I’ve always enjoyed veggie lo mein, but haven’t been able to recreate the right noodles at home. Enter the $1 package of ramen. Get two and a bunch of veggies and you’ll have a slurpable dinner in minutes!
The secret ingredient in this recipe is the noodles from the cheap packages of ramen. Toss with a bunch of veggies for a quick and delicious dinner.
- No oyster sauce? No problem. Replace with a little hoison, fish sauce (smaller amount!), or any bottled stir fry sauce from the back of your fridge.
- Stir in some Sriracha or garlic chili paste for a spicy kick!
- A sprinkling of peanuts or cashews on top would add a fun crunch.
- If you want to add a protein, cook it with a bit of oil in the wok first and remove when cooked through. Add it back in at the end with the noodles to warm up.
- Keep in mind, with the use of oyster sauce, this isn’t technically a vegetarian meal.