Quinoa and veggies deliver a knockout punch of health to this comforting dish. Watch the jalapeno if your family isn't big on spice. Add more cheese if that's your thing.
- This recipe freezes well! Take through the assembly stage and wrap in plastic wrap after the foil. If frozen, let thaw in fridge for 24 hours.
- Make ahead – will be good in the fridge up to four days.
- If you buy a 10 oz. can of enchilada sauce, go ahead and use it all.
- Skip the cheese in the dish and on top. Taste for salt and pepper, possibly adding more instead.
- Enchilada sauce often has flour in it. Frontera brand packaged sauce is gluten-free. As is this yummy homemade version from Against All Grain.
- Shredded chicken goes great in this casserole. Add about 2 cups. You may need more sauce. (Plain tomato sauce and more spices work in a pinch.)