Instant Pot Risotto
This is an easy risotto recipe just waiting for your customization. Use what's in season or what's in your pantry!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Heat butter and oil in pressure cooker pot for 2 to 3 minutes. Sauté the onion until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
Add garlic and rice to pressure cooking pot and cook, stirring frequently, until rice becomes opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine and continue stirring until most has been absorbed or evaporated.
Add 3 cups broth and stir. Cover and lock lid in place. Select High Pressure and 5 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, turn off and use a quick pressure release.
Select sauté and stir in the peas. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes until peas are heated through.
Stir in cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the lemon juice if the dish needs a little zip. Serve immediately topped with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
- Replace the peas with your favorite veggie if you like. Top with grilled chicken or shrimp as desired.
- Watch your chicken stock.
- I suppose you could totally skip the butter and cheese in this dish, but man, that kind of makes it. Maybe find alternatives?? I don't have any experience with what works.
- Add your favorite meat either on top of the bowl of risotto or on the side. My personal preference is to add sauteed shrimp right on top.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 852mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 601IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 5mg