If you want the easiest dessert to serve all summer, you’ll just add one of Sarah Swinton’s magical treats on to your next meal delivery order. But if you want to make something yourself, you’ve got to try this chocolate lasagna recipe.
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
My girls LOVE this simple dessert which goes FAST at every potluck I bring it to. I mean – Oreos + chocolate pudding + Cool Whip – what’s not to love?! The only reason it takes 30 minutes is that it needs time in the fridge to chill between layers. It does keep well, but don’t put the chocolate chips (or M&Ms if you’re feeling fancy) on too far in advance or they will sink (and/or melt if you use M&Ms).
You could probably riff on this tasty dessert with lemon pudding and graham crackers, but you know I’m only here for the chocolate desserts. Print out or bookmark this recipe. If you make it once, you’ll end up making it a thousand times!
- 36 Regular Oreos
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 (3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1/4 c milk
- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips or M&Ms
- Butter a 9X13 dish and set aside.
- Crush the Oreos in a zip top bag, using your hands or a rolling pin, until you are left with crumbs. Add the melted butter and mix until combined. Press this mixture into the bottom of the 9X13 pan, using the bottom of a greased cup or your fingers, until the whole bottom is covered. Put in the fridge while you make the next layer.
- In a medium sized bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy, using a whisk or hand-mixer. Add the 2 tbsps of milk and sugar and whip again.
- Using a spatula, carefully add 1/3 of the container of Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture. Spread this mixture lightly over the Oreo layer. Again, put in the fridge while you make the next layer.
- Use a paper towel to clean out your bowl and then combine the chocolate pudding and 3 1/4 cups of milk, again using a whisk or hand mixer. Whisk until thick. Spread evenly over the cream cheese layer and pop back in the fridge for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top of the pudding layer and top with chocolate chips or candies. Keep in the fridge until service. Will be best 3-4 hours after assembly.