I’m just gonna be real with you, friend. This recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is going to make a lot of chicken mixture and you’re likely to have some leftovers unless you are feeding the entire block. Tonight I want you to put it over rice (and/or lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado.) Tomorrow we’ll make enchiladas that come together in a flash. It’s a great way to cook once and eat several times. Hooray!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Over Rice
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz salsa
- 14 oz canned black beans drained
- 1½ cups corn
- 1½ tbsp taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cups rice
- Add all ingredients except the rice into the slow cooker and add a ½ cup water. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- With about 20 minutes left of cooking, prepare the rice using the instructions on the package.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and add back into the crock pot, stir. Serve over cooked rice or a bed of romaine lettuce. Top with more salsa, avocado slices, or your other favorite taco ingredients.
- The nutrtional info on this recipe isn’t 100% accurate. Because we’ll get two meals out of the meat, the recipe is divided by 8. That’s not the case for the rice. Account for more carbs than mentioned.
- Skip the rice and add more veggies. Use diced peppers and halved cherry tomatoes with a mix of spinach and baby lettuces.