Please don’t let the picture of this cauliflower and cheese soup run you off. It’s so good! And so easy! Someday I’m going to write a cookbook called “Bowls of Comfort” and this will be my muse. Its just so warm and cheesy and can’t help but make you smile!
Roasted Cauliflower & Cheese Soup
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups milk
- 14 oz chicken broth
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 oz Parmesan grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place cauliflower on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to evenly coat, then spread into an even layer and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in onion and saute until tender, about 4 – 5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- While whisking, slowly pour in milk followed by chicken broth and cream. Add in thyme, roasted cauliflower and season soup with salt and pepper to taste .
- Bring to a boil, stirring every now and then, then reduce heat to low. Use your immersion blender to puree the soup. Alternatively, puree 3 cups of the soup in a blender (being careful as your working with hot liquids) and return to soup in pot.
- Remove from heat and stir in sharp cheddar and parmesan cheese. Serve warm garnished with additional shredded cheddar and serve with fresh bread or croutons if desired.