When you feel like bringing takeout night into your kitchen, these delicious lettuce wraps will do the trick. Enjoy this copy cat recipe from everyone’s favorite chain Asian(ish) restaurant and a recipe for fried rice because, why not?!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Fried Rice
When you feel like Chinese takeout, but want to DIY, this will be your new go-to meal. Add in egg rolls from the freezer case for the full "we ordered too much" experience.Print Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced minced
- 1 onion, chopped diced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 8 oz sliced water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 2 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 head butter or romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 eggs
- 1 carrots diced
- ½ medium onion diced
- ½ cup peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp sriracha optional
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter optional
For the Lettuce Wraps
- Add the olive oil and ground chicken to large frying pan. Cook and crumble over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any fat. Stir in garlic and onion. Saute until onions have become translucent.
- In a seperate bowl, combine hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and sriracha. Add to pan and stir.
- Stir in water chestnuts and green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Fried Rice
- Scramble your eggs in a medium pan over medium low heat. Remove to a bowl and return pan to heat.
- Saute the carrot and onion until soft. Add peas, then soy sauce, garlic and ginger (and butter, if desired.)
- Reheat your rice in the pan or microwave and add to pan. Add egg to the pan. Mix all together. Season to taste.
- Place ½ cup of chicken mix in a lettuce leaf. Top with additional soy sauce, sriracha, or sweet chili sauce, if desired.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 2035mg | Potassium: 1120mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 3571IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg