Like every other white lady of a certain age, I had a personal blog that I kept up 5-7 years ago. I was just poking around in there and stumbled into this recipe. Speaking of things that were very 2015 – I present a Moscow Mule! It’s SO good and so perfect for early summer so I thought I’d bring it back here.
In the original post I talked all about buying Effin Black Cherry Vodka for a party I was hosting for my friends. I miss parties. I miss friends. (I don’t miss weird vodka flavors. That was very mid-2010s, wasn’t it? This is just as delicious with regular vodka if that’s all you have.) If you’re starting to venture out into socially distant socializing, this drink doubles (triples, quadruples, whatever 12-ples is…) very well. And if you’re still hanging in your backyard with a good book and the sunshine, well this works for one perfectly, too.
Cheers to summer, tasty drinks, and passing the time in delightful ways!
Cherry Moscow Mule
- 3 slices lime
- 1 handful ice
- 2 oz cherry vodka
- 1 can ginger beer
- 1 oz grenadine
- Squeeze two slices of lime into the bottom of glass, then fill the glass with ice.
- Pour in vodka and ginger beer. Carefully stir as to not disturb the bubbles.
- Slowly drizzle in the grenadine and garnish with another lime wedge on the rim of the glass.
- No cherry vodka? No problem! Regular vodka works just fine. Add an extra splash of grenadine to make sure you get enough yummy cherry flavor.
- Keep it non-alcoholic by skipping the vodka. (And confirm your ginger beer is non-alcoholic. 😉 ) Add extra ice or a little sparkling water instead.