During this time of stay-at-home orders, we are chief cook, bottle washer, and head teacher. Combine all your duties into one dinner with this classic soup. Dinner AND an English lesson? Perfect!
A classic from childhood gets dressed up for your family so you can enjoy soup night in a jif!Print Recipe
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced minced
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ½ lb Yukon Gold potato ½" dice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dried alphabet pasta
- ½ tsp maple syrup optional
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Preheat a stock pot over medium heat. Saute onion and celery in oil with a pinch of salt until soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds or so.
- Add carrots, potatoes, thyme, oregano, vegetable broth and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer, add pasta and cook until pasta and vegtables are soft, about 10 more minutes.
- Add maple syrup, tomato sauce and frozen peas and heat through. Remove from heat and serve.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1048mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2746IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg