If tater tots and nachos had a baby, it would be this beautiful mess of a dinner. Maybe pair with a michelada? I feel like a low brow yet south of the border-ish drink fits right in. How about you?
Try this fun and casual meal the next time you're feeling like you're taking life too seriously.Print Recipe
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 2 cups meat browned
- ½ cup corn thawed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper diced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup cilantro crema optional
- ¼ cup pico de gallo optional
- Preheat over to 400°F. Bake the tots for 18 minutes.
- Top the tots with meat, corn, beans, pepper, and cheese. Bake for 4 more minutes.
- Top with avocado, cilantro crema, and pico de gallo, or additional toppings.
- Use browned hamburger meat, leftover rotisserie chicken, or some of the Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken for this dish. Or skip it and just use cheese and veggies.
- Skip the cheese and the cilantro creme. Load up on avocado after the totchos come out of the oven!
- Watch the tater tots. Some popular brands are naturally gluten-free, but not all.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 833mg | Potassium: 929mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 857IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2mg