Chocolate chip cookies will always hold the number one place in my heart, but sometimes a chocolate brownie is the only answer to all the questions of the universe.
I wish I could take more credit for this recipe, but 95% of it comes from the Food Network goddess, Ms. Rachel Ray. Enjoy!
The Best Chocolate Brownies
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract optional
- 1/4 tsp coffee grounds optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 8" square baking pan with parchment. Coat the parchment with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar, vanilla, salt, (optional) almond extract, and (optional) coffee grounds. Whisk until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well between additions. Add the cocoa powder and flour; stir with a spoon or spatula until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into the pan.
- Bake the brownies for about 42-47 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool in the pan set on a wire rack.
- If time allows, chill in the fridge before serving. This makes the brownies really fudgy!
- This is a great recipe to dress up however you see fit. Frost the brownies. Add in different kinds of chips. “Frost” with marshmallow cream and set under the broiler for a hot second. Pretty much can’t go wrong.