This is a great basic shredded chicken recipe to have on hand for when you have either a sale on chicken breasts or the forethought to prep your food for an entire week.
I use this chicken for so much! On the night I make it, I mix some with bottled barbeque sauce and make sandwiches. Serve this with the yummy condiment potatoes also listed below.
Then save the rest for enchiladas, stir-fries, or chicken salad. Store in the fridge for a week. Otherwise, keep in the freezer in a freezer-safe bag.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Add the chicken breasts, spices and chicken stock to the bowl of your Instant pot. Arrange the chicken breasts so that they are spread out in an even layer.
- Cover and set the pressure cooker lid valve to “sealing.” Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes, followed by a 5-minute natural release, followed by a quick release to release whatever pressure remains.
- Remove the lid and use two forks to shred the chicken. Give it a good toss with the remaining juices in the pressure cooker.
- Serve the chicken while it’s hot or transfer it to a sealed container (like a freezer baggie) and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Don’t worry about getting exactly 2.5lbs of chicken. The recipe works for anything between 2 and 3 lbs.
- 1 lb potatoes diced
- 1/4 cup condiment
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425. Cover a baking sheet with parchment.
- Clean and dice your potatoes. In a large bowl or on your baking sheet, combine all ingredients and spread evenly on the sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- If your condiment already has oil in it (ex. pesto), then don’t add any more. If you’re using salsa or something without oil, then mix it in.
- Please note that the nutritional info is off on this one since I don’t know what condiment you’re using.