This is a fun take on a bun-free burger! We combine all the best cheeseburger ingredients, but instead make meatballs. Serve big ones with your favorite taters or turn small ones into an appetizer-sized snack.
Use pantry and freezer staples to whip up a unique take on "meat and potatoes" dinner.Print Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400. Clean and dry the potatoes, then stab each 4-6 times with a regular fork. Place directly on a upper shelf in the oven. Bake for one hour or until you can pierce with a knife without resistance.
- Combine the meatball ingredients in a bowl, making sure to evenly disperse everything. Using a small scoop or your hands, make 1" sized meatballs. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Serve the potatoes with your favorite toppings. Use the ketchup and mustard sauce as a dipping sauce for the meatballs.
- Replace the breadcrumbs in the meatballs with a gluten-free alternative breadcrumb.
- Skip the cheese in the meatballs. When you add the ingredients to the bowl, start with half the breadcrumbs. Only add the rest if the mixture seems dry.
Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 1210mg | Potassium: 1321mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 5mg