So this is going to make a lot of chicken mixture. Tonight I want you to put it over rice (and/or lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado.) Tomorrow we’ll make enchiladas that come together in a flash. Hooray!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Over Rice
This is the best kind of slow cooker meal. It comes together in mere minutes and turns out enough deliciousness for at least two meals.Print Recipe
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz salsa
- 14 oz canned black beans drained
- 1½ cups corn
- 1½ tbsp taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cups rice
- Add all ingredients except the rice into the slow cooker and add a ½ cup water. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- With about 20 minutes left of cooking, prepare the rice using the instructions on the package.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and add back into the crock pot, stir. Serve over cooked rice or a bed of romaine lettuce. Top with more salsa, avocado slices, or your other favorite taco ingredients.
- The nutrtional info on this recipe isn’t 100% accurate. Because we’ll get two meals out of the meat, the recipe is divided by 8. That’s not the case for the rice. Account for more carbs than mentioned.
- Skip the rice and add more veggies. Use diced peppers and halved cherry tomatoes with a mix of spinach and baby lettuces.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 683mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 463IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg