A simple roasting method that will bring out the best of fresh asparagus or your other hearty vegetables.Print Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus (if you sharply bend the asparagus near the base, it will snap in the right place). Discard the ends.
- Place the asparagus on the sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange the spears in a single layer on the pan.
- Bake until your desired level of softness. Very thin asparagus, will take as little as 9 to 12 minutes, whereas thicker asparagus will need 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and toss with lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 888IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg