I didn’t eat much meatloaf growing up. I don’t think my mom was a fan. If only she tried this recipe! We tested both ground beef and ground turkey and both were delicious. Enjoy whatever meat is on sale.
Mini Meatloaf and Garlic Pesto Potatoes
A modern spin on a classic dinner – enjoy a meat and potatoes dinner the whole family will love!Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 eggs beaten
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Garlic Pesto Potatoes
- 8 oz red potatoes diced
- 8 oz Yukon Gold potato diced
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°F, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp honey mustard and 1 tbsp ketchup.
- In a bowl combine meat, egg, panko, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Form into 4 or 5 2×4" loaves; place on baking sheet. Brush with mustard mixture and top with remaining cheddar. On another rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with pesto and garlic.
- Transfer meatloaves to upper rack of oven, and place potatoes on lower rack. Bake until loaves are cooked through, 15-20 min, rotating sheets after 10 min. Remove loaves from oven; continue to roast potatoes until tender about 5 min.
- Use your favorite ground meat for this dish. Both beef and turkey work great, so I’m sure others would be lovely.
- Not sure this is the dish for you. Maybe try this instead?
- Use gluten free breadcrumbs or just skip them. Might be a little harder to keep together, so use mini bread pans if you have them.
- Skip the cheese, no problem.
- Check the pesto. Assuming it already has parm in it, skip it for basic olive oil. Make more of the ketchup/honey mustard sauce from the meatballs and use that for dipping both.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 1156mg | Potassium: 901mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 755IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 4mg