Hello. My name is Maggie and I have a chocolate chip cookie problem. I have tried ALL the recipes on the search to cure my addiction. This one is darn near perfect. Try it and let me know if you agree.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 24 cookies
The perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. The end.Print Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs. Add in salt and baking powder and 1 cup of flour. Stir on low to combine. Add the additional two cups of flour and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon sized balls using a large cookie scoop and lay out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and put in the fridge.
- TO FREEZE THE DOUGH: Once the cookie dough balls are firm, you can put them in a freezer-safe storage bag and freeze. Place on the counter 10-20 minutes before baking to take the chill off.
- WHEN IT'S TIME TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Let dough sit at room temperature while the oven preheats and drop onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store baked cookies in a cookie jar for up to five days. Pop in the microwave or oven for a quick zap to get that fresh from the oven flavor.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 268IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg