You know back when you were smart and froze half the slow cooker salsa chicken? Well, get that out because we’re making enchiladas tonight!
Here's a super quick recipe for enchiladas. No fuss, but all the compliments for this one!Print Recipe
- 1/2 recipe of the salsa chicken
- 8 tortillas
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray the bottom of a 9X13 casserole pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll-up. Place in casserole pan. Repeat steps until all tortillas and chicken mixture is used up.
- Spread the enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas and then sprinkle on cheese. Cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more until cheese is melted. Allow to rest for a couple minutes before serving. Optional: top with sour cream, salsa or guacamole.
- If you don’t have the salsa chicken ready to go, heat and shred a few chicken breasts or buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat from there. Add a can of rinsed black beans, 1 cup of corn and 1 tbsp of taco seasoning to the chicken before rolling.
- The software won’t allow me to do nutritional data for this one. Sorry!
- Skip the cheese on top or use a cheese alternative. I find serving with fresh slices of avocado gives the same lucious effect.
- Add slices of peppers to the chicken mixture (or replace entirely.)