Oh, you guys are going to love this one! Be wary of the spice. Or rather, my meager amount. Add more to your taste! I happened to have sambel oelek instead of sriracha the first several times I made this and much prefer it, but use sriracha if that’s all you have.
Firecracker Meatballs with Rice and Green Beans
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp green onions about 2-3 green onions
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice about 2 limes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tbsp green onions diced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baked sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl combine all meatball ingredients with your hands. Roll the meat mixture into 1-inch balls using either your hands or a a 1 tbsp scoop. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes or until browned.
- Place all the sriracha-lime sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the butter is melted, then cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sauce comes to a light simmer.
- To make the green beans, place the beans and soy sauce in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until it reaches your desired level of crispness. Drain any extra water and toss with sesame seeds.
- Place the meatballs and sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat and toss to coat.
- Serve the meatballs alongside the rice and beans. Drizzle any extra sauce over the plate and garnished with the sliced green onions.
- The meatballs, sauce, and rice can all be made earlier in the week and stored in the fridge.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the meatballs are warmed through. Meanwhile, reheat the rice either by placing it in a medium-sized saucepan, covered, over low heat for ??? minutes or by microwaving it for about 2 minutes.
- Sub coconut aminos for soy sauce