Y’all, these mini-muffins might be the perfect kiddo food. There are plenty of steps where they can help (without causing too big a mess and/or headache for mom or dad) and with the addition of chocolate chips, they are a guaranteed taste success. My daughter finished her dinner three days straight in hopes of getting one!
Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 2 bananas the browner the better
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl with a spout, mash your bananas and add the melted butter and sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and flour directly to the bowl. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Either using the spout of the bowl or a small cookie scoop, divide among the muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
- There’s always a question around “what size banana does this recipe call for?” For this one, it’s truly a medium banana. For my most recent test, I used one of those gigantic Franken-bananas and a wee little Trader Joe’s one. The recipe came out perfect!
- Oven time is also always a trick since every oven is different. I started checking at 15 minutes, but 17 minutes was when mine looked perfectly brown.
- I made this recipe with Bob’s Red Mill One to One flour and it was perfect!!
- I didn’t try it, but have to image substituting vegan butter or vegetable oil for the melted unsalted butter would work just fine.