Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches
Looking to up your sandwich game? Well, look no further. Roasted peppers and goat cheese go together like Bert and Ernie in this gussied-up quick dinner.Print Recipe
- ½ red onion cut into thin strips
- 2 peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp thyme dried (or 1/2 tsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 mini French loaf
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 2 cups mixed greens or spinach, arugula, or other favorite greens
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone sheet.
- Add the prepared vegetables to the baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, and thyme. Roast for 15 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: Slice the loaf in half the long ways and put the bread in the oven, open-faced with a few minutes left on the veggies.
- To assemble sandwiches, add a shmear of mayo to one side of the bread. Top with enough roasted vegetables to cover the bread, then stuff in goat cheese and the greens. Top with the remaining slice of bread. Serve immediately.
- You could use regular sandwich bread for this, too.
- Use your favorite and/or seasonal veggies.
- Turn this sandwich into a salad. Put the roasted veggies and goat cheese on a larger bed of the preferred greens. Maybe add some pine nuts or almonds for crunch.
- Skip the goat cheese. Instead, add more salt and pepper, more mayo, and/or a schmear of Dijon mustard to the sandwich instead.
- Add a few ounces of deli salami or leftover shredded chicken to the sandwich.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 704mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 740IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3mg