This dessert is perfect for the whole family – there are crunchy edge pieces and soft, gooey inside pieces. They are balanced with chocolate chips and salty pecans. Some will want a fork, others will just need a napkin. Hooray!Print Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9" x 9" square pan with cooking spray or butter and flour.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in eggs (one at a time) and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. With a spatula, fold in chocolate chips, pecans, and shredded coconut.
- Spread the dough in the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out sort of clean*, about 40-45 minutes. Let cool in the pan, allowing for time in the fridge, if possible. Then cut into bars.*So timing is a tough call with blondies. There might still be some crumbs on your toothpick when the blondies are done. They are definitely on the gooey side. When the top is solid, you are good to go. Use your gut instinct, it's probably right. 🙂
- Timing is tricky on blondies. You’ll feel like it’s still a wee bit underdone when the toothpick can still come out clean. I’m okay with that if you are. If not, keep baking. They do get crunchy quickly, so procede with caution.
- If you’d like to make these more gourmet, using dark chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweet ones.
- Skip the pecans. Add more chocolate chips (shucks) or coconut instead.
- Use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2mg