Blueberry Lime Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
A beautiful addition to the breadbasket for breakfast, brunch, or snack time. Enjoy with a warm tea for a delightful little pick me up.Print Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, oil, and orange juice in the bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium spread, until sugar is dissolved. Add the vanilla, and eggs (one at a time.) Beat at a low speed until just combined. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, lime zest and juice, and flour. Mix until just moistened. Add the blueberries.
- Evenly divide batter between the 12 cupcake liners. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
- No cupcake liners? No problem! Just grease your pan with cooking spray or oil (or softened butter if dairy isn’t an issue.) Take a couple minutes off the baking time.
- This recipe works well with other berries.
- Skip the lime if that’s not a favorite flavor. No need to modify the recipe further.
- (Nicole) the recipe I pulled up on Google Drive when we were down had oil in the ingredient list but butter in the directions (or vice versa?) I actually used butter and it worked well – batter was thick but they were delicious.
- Try this with one of those one for one gluten free flours. We are particular to Bob’s Red Mill.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg