Veggie Hash with Eggs and Bacon
This dish combines two of our favorite food trends: breakfast for dinner and sheet pan suppers. Mix your favorite veggies with spices and diced bacon. Roast and top with eggs. Ta-da! Dinner is ready.Print Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato diced with skin on
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato diced with skin on
- 1 ground black pepper diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon diced
- 4 eggs
- 3 green onion diced
- 1 tsp hot sauce optional
- Preheat the oven to 425. Place the potatoes and pepper on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss well. Add the bacon - scatter the pieces all over the sheet.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, tossing once during cook time. You want the bacon to be crisp and the potatoes to be golden and softening. Cook longer if needed.
- Once the bacon is crisp and potatoes are cooked, crack the eggs directly over the vegetables on the baking sheet. Stick the pan back in the oven and bake anywhere from 5-12 minutes - depending on how cooked you'd like your yolks.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Top with green onions and optional hot sauce.
- We prefer red pepper in this dish, but we usually prefer red peppers in everything. If a green pepper is calling your name, have at it!
- This is another fridge-clean-er-out-er. Roasted mushrooms, onions, or broccoli would be great added in with the potatoes. Or add a hearty, leafy greens like kale or shaved Brussel sprouts when you add the eggs.
- Substitute ground pork, Italian sausage (remove casing and crumble), or slices of chicken sausage for something a little different.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 946mg | Potassium: 613mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 12386IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3mg