Tortilla Crusted Fish with Fruit and Feta Slaw
This delicious store-bought fish goes straight from the freezer to the oven, so let's spend a minute on the side. The cool and slightly sweet slaw is a perfect complement to the spicy-ish fish.Print Recipe
- 6 pieces frozen store bought tortilla crusted tilapia filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 12 oz broccoli slaw mix
- 1 peach sliced
- 1 oz feta cheese crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Follow heating instructions on the package for the fish. Costco fish will take 13-15 minutes at 425.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil and vinegar in a medium-sized bowl. Add broccoli slaw and stir to coat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the fish and the slaw mix on four plates. (Saving two pieces of fish to the lucky winners who get to seconds first.) Top the slaw with fruit slices and feta cheese.
If peaches aren't in season when you make the recipe, you can use a can of peach slices (in pear juice or water, not syrup!), drained well. Alternatively, use your favorite apple or pear on top of the slaw. Dairy-Free
- Watch the ingredients on the fish. The brand we like from Costco is dairy free, but each brand may be different.
- Skip the cheese in the slaw.
- Wrap the fish and slaw together for a delicious fish taco. Maybe heat up a jar of black beans as your side then.
- If you like a little extra bite, add 1 tsp of stone ground mustard to your dressing.
- Shred the fruit and add to slaw mix instead of just slicing and placing on top.
Calories: 358.61kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.35g | Protein: 30.89g | Fat: 15.9g | Saturated Fat: 3.84g | Cholesterol: 73.81mg | Sodium: 822.25mg | Potassium: 347.66mg | Fiber: 0.56g | Sugar: 4.95g | Vitamin A: 492.36IU | Vitamin C: 81.74mg | Calcium: 75.77mg | Iron: 0.89mg