Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are our new favorite vehicle to freshen up leftovers. We especially love it two ways: 1. with BBQ meat or 2. with roasted veggies.Print Recipe
- 2 sweet potato
- 2 cups filling*
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Clean the potatoes and poke a few times with a fork. Bake until a knife slides in cleanly, around 60 minutes. ALTERNATIVELY: "Bake" potatoes in the microwave on a plate or paper towel. Start with five minutes. From there just do one-minute increments until done.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut in half. Gently scoop out most of the potato, leaving a small border.
- Mix the potato with your desired fillings and divide the whole mixture between the four potato skins. Place in an oven-safe container and top with cheese or sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and any cheese is melted. Top with extras like craisins or green onions and serve immediately.
- Shredded chicken with bbq sauce
- A mix of roasted, chopped peppers and onions
- Blanched or roasted broccoli (top with goat or feta cheese and a handful of Craisins)
- 1 can of black beans, drained, plus 1 cup corn and 1 chopped peppers (top with cheddar or cotija cheese)