Ravioli with Sauce
Consider this more of a kitchen hack than a true recipe, but hey, it gets dinner on the table! We love the spinach and ricotta raviolis from Costco for this meal. If it's fall, try Trader Joe's butternut squash marinara sauce. Otherwise, your favorite sauce will work great.Print Recipe
- 1 package frozen ravioli
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 oz grated parmesan
- Fill a large pot with water and heat over medium-high heat. Once it's boiling, delicately add the frozen ravioli. Allow to cook until seperated and floating.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce over medium heat in another big pot. Once the ravioli are cooked, use a large slotted spoon to transfer to the sauce. Stir gently to coat. Top with parmesan or save that for individual plates.
Dress It Up
- Roasted veggies are a great addition to this dish. If you see this in time, make extra at an earlier meal in the week and you'll be ready to roll.
- Serve with a crisp, green salad for crunch and a healthy punch.
- If you have meatballs in the freezer too, now is a great time to use them! Follow the instuctions on the package and add to the sauce before adding the raviolis.
- For a completely different meal, try cheese ravioli, add in some precooked chicken breast strips (can get in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores) or leftover rotisserie chicken and toss with alfredo sauce.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1573mg | Potassium: 626mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 918IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 9mg