Mac and Cheese with Peas
If you add vegetables to boxed mac and cheese, it's totally a well-rounded meal. We use Annie's brand in our house to feel better about ourselves.Print Recipe
- 6 c water
- 2 boxes mac and cheese
- 3 c frozen peas
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp milk optional
- Boil 6 cups of water in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the noodles from the two boxes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the peas and continue to cook until pasta is al dente, around 6 more minutes. Remove pan from heat and strain in a colander.
- While pasta and peas are draining, add butter to pan. Top with pasta and peas, stir to melt butter. Add cheese packets and stir until combined. Add milk if you need more liquid.
- Substitute minced broccoli or other favorite veggie.
- Add sliced chicken sausage (Aldi and Trader Joe's both have delicious "clean" versions.)
Serving: 1c | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 576mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 673IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2mg