Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Set this up in the morning for a warm, cozy, and delicious way to end your day. The secret ingredient is barbecue sauce. Use your favorite, but make sure it's not too sweet.Print Recipe
- 3 large Yukon Gold potato peeled and cut into 1 in cubes
- 1/2 cup medium onion diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced minced
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 bunch green onion minced
- 4 tbsp chives minced
- Add potatoes, onions, stock, garlic, seasoning, and BBQ sauce to slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook your bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until crispy, flipping once. Allow to drain on a plate covered in paper towel and crumble.
- Move the setting to "keep warm" and carefully use an immersion blender to puree. Mix in heavy cream, sour cream, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. (Optional: use the immersion blender to puree further if the dairy isn't mixing in.)
- To eat, top soup with bacon, green onions, chives, and additional cheese, as desired.
- We like Penzey’s Northwoods or Rocky Mountain seasoning salt in this dish.
- Make this soup lower in calories by substituting one head of cauliflower, chopped, for three of the potatoes.
- Plain yogurt works great in place of sour cream. If you already have that on hand, go for it!
- If gluten-free is important to you, please double check your chicken stock and barbecue sauce ingredient label.
- Use veggie stock and skip the bacon if you need this dish to be truly vegetarian
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1525mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 679IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 3mg