Creamy White Bean Dip
This dip is so delicious you would never guess it's as healthy as the day is long. Dip in carrots or tortilla chips. (Though lean more towards carrots than chips if you're focusing on health…)Print Recipe
- 1 head garlic, minced roasted, cloves squeezed out
- 2 tsp honey
- 7 tbsp olive oil divided
- 28 oz canned cannelloni beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 8 oz tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the top 1/3 off of the head of garlic. Place the remaining head on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and honey over the garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Seal the foil package. Bake for 40-50 minutes until your kitchen smells delicious and the garlic cloves are soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- Drain the beans and add to a food processor. Squeeze the garlic paste into the processor as well. Blend until combined.
- With the processor on, stream in the olive oil, and continue to blend until dip is creamy. Add the salt and pepper and blend once more. Taste the dip and season additionally as desired.
- Serve with carrot sticks or tortilla chips. Can also be used as a yummy condiment for a veggie sandwich.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2606IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 2mg