This recipe can either take no time at all if you’ve already made the chicken, rice, and veggies. But if not, do not fear! It might take a minute to get this casserole ready for dinner, so why don’t you double it and freeze one. Next time – no prep!
Roasted peppers, onions, and zucchini work great in this recipe, but don’t buy anything new – use what you’ve got. Broccoli, carrots, or butternut squash could be fun.
Mexican Rice Casserole
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup roasted veggies
- 2 cups salsa or enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except salsa or enchilada sauce and cheese. Mix in one cup of sauce and stir. Continue to add sauce until your desired consistency is achieved. Pour into a greased casserole dish and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, then remove the foil. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and bubbly.